Sunday 23 October 2011

Year Two - Looking forward

Despite how it may appear, I have thought about how I want my skydiving to progress. There is a grand plan, though admittedly it's subject to change as I discover more about the sport. For now I'm just going to focus on the next year, so in 12 months time I can look back and see how far off I was.

Most instantly, my B licence. I need 50 jumps, as well as the ability to pack, spot, land accurately and do pre-jump inspections of gear. This shouldn't be a problem. Usually a B licence is accompanied by Formation Skydiving 1, which signs you off to do formation work in free fall, but this doesn't hold much interest for me. I'll see how my budget holds up.

I want to be jumping my own rig as soon as possible.

I want to get good at tracking, and start participating in tracking dives with other jumpers.
If things go really well I'd like to own and be flying a Phoenix Fly Tracking Suit. This is a special jumpsuit that channels the air to increase your tracking speed and reduce your fall-rate. The manufacturers recommend at least 80 jumps experience.

Finally, I think if I can get 75 jumps in this year it'll be a good one.

Not me - not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment